The latest McKinsey Quarterly analyses the benefits to business of Web 2.0 technologies (see chart below)…
… and offers six tips on how to get the most from them:
- The transformation to a bottom-up culture needs help from the top.
- The best uses come from users—but they require help to scale.
- What’s in the workflow is what gets used.
- Appeal to the participants’ egos and needs—not just their wallets.
- The right solution comes from the right participants.
- Balance the top-down and self-management of risk.
- Do our six recommendations agree with the successes and failures you’ve seen?
- Is the economic downturn affecting your perception and use of Web 2.0 tools?
- What organizations get the most out of Web 2.0, and why?