National audience share. Source: The Radio Bureau
The twice yearly radio ratings have been released, and all the details are available on The Radio Bureau website, including the following summary of national listening:
- Overall, the number of listeners of Commercial Radio has gone up by 8,600 listeners nationally (All 10+). Cume Audiences for Main HHS has gone up by 39,000 listeners nationally while for AP 25-54, 13,800 new listeners are tuning in over the course of the week.
- The introduction of “The Breeze” into Auckland has led to a huge increase in its national audience, a growth of 93,300 listeners and 1.8% market share growth among AP 10+.
- Classic Hits has increased its cume audience by 3,800 listeners (AP 25-54), further consolidating its position as the No.1 station among this target.
- The Rock has increased its cume audience among AP 10+ by 22,500 listeners. Among AP 18-34, it has retained its position as the top ranked station.
- The Coast has had an increase of 17,800 listeners among AP 10+, helping it increase its share from 5% to 5.4% nationally.
- Radio Live has increased its cume audience by 13,300 among All People 25-54, thus increasing its market share from 1.5% to 2.1%.
- Nui FM has had an increase of 13,500 listeners among all listeners 10+.
- ZM has increased its audience base amongst AP 10+ by 9,500 listeners.